Friday, August 31, 2012

Portion Control, Goals & Pen Pals- OH MY!

Can you guys believe it?  It is *already* Friday!?  I don't know about you, but for me the week just flew on by!

I weighed myself this morning and I was at a steady 144 pounds.  Tomorrow, Garrett's Aunt is throwing a meet and greet on Abram's behalf and I'm nervous about all of the food I will shovel into my face.  It's much, much easier to eat right when you are at home.  But, when you are going to a party (with a ton of delicious food!) it becomes challenging.  Garrett reminds me it will be okay, it's our "Faturday" (more on that soon!)

I think about the impending holidays and I get discouraged :  am I really going to lose this weight over a cold, holiday-filled, Minnesota winter?  It's certainly going to be a challenge.  My biggest obstacle may in fact be - portion control.  This Mama CAN EAT! I've always been a "good eater" (according to my Mama).
source

Web MD has an awesome site that shows you the true portion of common foods and if it's not something you are familiar with: prepare to be surprised!  You can be eating all of the "right" foods, but if you are overeating- you are doing your body a disservice!  (And you will not lose weight!)

I will try to keep this in mind this weekend!

But, moving on- tomorrow is the first day of September!  (In my eyes, that means the summer is over and- it's the beginning of my favorite time of the year- Fall!)  Every month I will be posting Monthly Goals that will focus on healthy living.

Do you set goals for yourself every month?

I also wanted to share with you the awesome program: Foodie Pen Pals!  I've participated in this program a few times and it's wonderful!  Lindsay over at the Lean Green Bean runs this awesome food exchange!  Every person who signs up is assigned a partner in the United States and you send each other goodies!  It is really fun!  I'd recommend clicking on the banner below, getting more information and signing up!  You guys have one more day to become September participants!  Otherwise, you can try again next month.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and that you stop back on Monday to see Mama's Big Belly!


The Lean Green Bean

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I'm also on a weight loss journey, and training for a half marathon. Follow my blog, if you're interested! Yesterday I posted some before and after pics. (Although I still have a ways to go)Like you, most of my fat is in my stomach too. Ugh! But I know this is not healthy, and I refuse to live this way anymore! We can do it, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually eat until the pain is too much to handle. Yesterday, I ate three boxes of cookies. Seriously, I have a problem.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good for the belly!