Hello all! It's Foodie Friday! Yay! I didn't take nearly as many photos as I would have liked... I had kind of a boring food week. Not to mention, I totally grubbed out on pizza from Papa Murphy's on Halloween-- which solidified the fact that we absolutely *cannot* have pizza in the house! I typically have amazing self control, but you get my around pizza and suddenly I'm SHOVELING it down my throat.
Do you have a food you can't resist? (Please tell me you do!)
1. Protein Power Bowl- Eggs, plain Chobani, oats, pumpkin- sweet and warm!
2. Metabolism Boosting Smoothie (recipe below
3. A delicious lunch that Garrett made for me! Peppered Fish, mixed veggies and beans.
4. Okra- completely disgusting, beans, puled chicken on a homemade wheat bun.
5. Homemade Chicken Wild Rice Soup
6. Egg with spinach and chicken breast, melted Daiya on a homemade whole wheat bun
7. Pumpkin Protein Coffee
8. My favorite- Grapenuts! With almonds, raisins, chia seed and almond milk.
9. Chobani pancakes with apple rings- topped with peanut butter and cinnamon with a side of scrambled eggs with sweet potatoes.
Kind of a boring food week-- and super high in carbs! Sheesh! I wasn't aware of it until I started writing this post... definitely going to need to cut that carb count down next week!
I wanted to share this smoothie recipe with you because it does an amazing job and speeding up your metabolism-- plus it tastes *amazing*
1 banana (preferably frozen) sliced
Handful of Blueberries
1/4 of a Green Apple- diced
1 Tablespoon ginger (I zest it on a micro plane)
1 cup Pineapple Juice (can substitute this for Coconut Water)*
Half of a lemon- squeeze out juice
1 Tablespoon Chia Seed
4 Ice Cubes
1 1/2 cups Spinach
Blend everything together and enjoy!
*You may need to add additional juice if it's too thick and not blending properly.
It has an incredibly tart taste that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth!
I also wanted to do another plug for Fit Friends! There are only 2 more days to sign up to be linked up with a partner for November!