Friday, October 26, 2012

FF - Week 1

Hey guys!  Today is the first week of "Foodie Friday."  I've received a ton of emails/comments asking what I eat during the week, so I've decided to post a few pictures of the things going in to my BELLY every Friday!  Weeeeeee!  I'm also going to be blogging 5 days a week -- instead of the 3 that I've been blogging!

I did also want to point out a few new tabs up top (see that!?)  I will be keeping track of all the Recipes I post in one little area *AND* the Fit Friends sign up will be up also!  ((Have you signed up yet?!))


1. Parmesan Crusted Tilapia (1 TBSP Earth Balance, 1 TBSP Earth Balance Vegan Mayo and 1 TBSP Vegan (or regular) Parmesan Cheese, broil the fish for about 6 minutes, flip over, add mixture and broil until browned), Kashi 7 Grain- Pilaf and Green Beans with a *huge* glass of water with lemon!

2.  Though it's not organic, I haven't been able to give up my favorite cereal: Grapenuts.  1/2 cup Grapenuts, 1TBSP sliced Almonds, 1/2 a banana, cinnamon and almond milk- YUM!

3. Spaghetti squash and sauteed spinach with chicken breast, slathered in Newman's Own Sockarooni with a ginger and lemon water.

4. Plain Chobani Yogurt with 1/5 of an apple- sliced, honey and cinnamon.

5. A skillet with left over spaghetti squash & pilaf, sweet potato, mixed vegetable, black bean and spinach with a homemade Ranch Sauce.

6. Veggie bowl: Green Beans, Corn, Carrots and Peas, with Morning Star Chicken and a "Detox" Protein Smoothie (1 scoop protein powder, mixed berries, grated ginger, lemon juice, pineapple juice.)


1. Parfait with plain Chobani yogurt sweetened with a few drops of Orange flavored Stevia liquid, chia seed and Bob's Red Mill granola.

2.  Spinach salad with craisins, grilled chicken, cashews with vinegar & oil with a side of baked sweet potatoes.

3.  Iced Protein Coffee-- similar to this recipe but substituted original almond milk.

4. A big ol' bowl of Edamme!

5.  I was feeling like "bar food" so we had Buffalo Cauliflower* that I adapted from this recipe (I substituted buttermilk with almond milk, all purpose flour with whole wheat flour and butter for earth balance) with a whole wheat quesadilla (stuffed with cheddar Daiya, black beans, red onion, spinach and sweet potatoes.)

6. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Protein Bars-- the recipe is right below!

*The cauliflower was freaking SPICY.  Delicious, but spicy!  I'll maybe use a milder sauce next time because the initial bite gave me the hiccups!
---

And, a new protein bar recipe for the chocolate and peanut butter lovers out there!  (I seriously need to take a break from peanut butter soon!  Our entire household over does it a bit!)  These bars are approved by my 4 year old-- who is the pickiest eater on the planet-- so trust me when I say they are DELICIOUS!  I would reccommend these as a recovery snack after a workout or a mid afternoon snack!

 
:Ingredients:
-1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
-1/2 Cup Almond Milk 
(I used Dark Chocolate but you can use any milk you'd like.)
-1/4 Cup Honey
-2 Scoops Protein Powder
(I used Vanilla Icecream Syntha-6)
-2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
-1 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
-1/2 cup Peanuts
-1/2 Cup Grapenuts
(or you can omit this all together and use additional Peanuts)
-1/4 cup Chia Seed

For "Frosting" (optional)
-2 Large Tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
-1 tsp Unsweetened Cocoa

:Directions:
Mix peanut butter, almond milk and honey together.  Add the protein and cocoa powders and mix thoroughly.  Next add the rolled oats, peanuts, grapenuts and chia seed-- mix well.  Pour mixture into a 9x11 baking dish-- the bars will be about half an inch thick.  It worked best for me to use clean hands, moistened with water to push the batter down (it's very sticky!)

Next, mix up the peanut butter and cocoa and spread evenly over the top of the bars.

Refrigerate the bars for at least 4 hours- and enjoy!  I store them in the fridge as well.

3 comments:

  1. How do you make your edamame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bring a pot of water to boil, drop the edamame in the water for about 6 minutes, strain and sprinkle with sea salt!

      Delete
  2. Just pinned that bar recipe i can't wait to try it. What is Sockarooni?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good for the belly!